STRICTLY Come Dancing fans compare 'marmite' contestant Matt Goss to David Brent and demand he 'loosen up'.
The singer, 53, is one of 15 famous faces taking part in the 20th series of the BBC dance competition.
And he seems to have received a mixed of opinion on social media.
One said: "Matt Goss = Marmite #Strictly #mattgoss."
Another said: "Loosen up a bit Matt, its meant to be a fun show. #Strictly."
Meanwhile a third made reference to a popular fictional character from The Office.
"Matt Goss makes statements like David Brent #Strictly," another tweeted.
David Brent is Ricky Gervais' alter-ego from the popular show.
Others are over the moon that Matt is taking part in Strictly Come Dancing.
Most read in TV
Another chimed in: "Gave up on strictly 2 years ago. I'm just here for Matt Goss," with a love heart emoji.
A fifth wrote: "Matt Goss. Like a fine wine….a very fine wine!"
A sixth said: "#Strictly first timer here … tipping Matt Goss for the win… as much as I love him though."
The star was the lead singer of the group, whose debut album Push went platinum four times and remained on the UK charts for 54 weeks.
Strictly Come Dancing 2022 cast
- Everything about EastEnders legend James Bye
- Who is TV presenter Helen Skelton?
- Find out who Arsenal legend Tony Adams is
- Who is Fleur East and when was she on X Factor?
- Get to know singer Matt Goss
- Here's everything to know about Loose Women's Kaye Adams
- Who is Will Mellor?
- The lowdown on Corrie star Kym Marsh
- Find out everything about radio presenter Richie Anderson
- Who is singer Molly Rainford?
- Everything about DJ Tyler West
- Get to know champion swimmer Ellie Simmonds
- Who is Countryfile's Hamza Yassin?
- Here's everything about comedian and actress Ellie Taylor
- Who is Jayde Adams?
Speaking about signing up on the show, he explained that it was so under wraps that he even had his own nickname for producers to use to make sure it wasn't exposed.
He said: "I’ve been asked to do it before but I think honestly, for me where I am in my life, 11 years in Vegas, all the venues I’ve played – I want to just get out of my own way, let go a little bit and have some fun.
"I’m quite shy off stage, I’m gonna have to face all those demons and just learn."
He added: "I’m sure I’m gonna get a hard time now and then, but I’m going to do my best."